Insurance fraud is a crime that has penetrated all levels of society. Industry groups estimate the overall cost of insurance fraud exceeds $30 billion annually. At Maidstone Insurance, we are committed to partnering the resources of our Special Investigations Units, Claims and Underwriting personnel to vigilantly combat all aspects of insurance fraud. Through our combined efforts with the insurance industry and law enforcement community, we have lead the fight against fraud.
At Maidstone Insurance, we have developed and continue to implement specialized programs increasing the awareness of insurance fraud and its impact on insurance premiums. We have also established our own Fraud Fighter Hotline. If you know, or suspect someone has filed a fraudulent claim with Maidstone, please e-mail us or call us at 1-866-252-4669, then dial extension 306.
Maistone Insurance is dedicated to providing continued support to eradicate insurance fraud and to remain an industry leader in this important issue impacting each of us.
SIU Memberships and Training
- Membership in the National Insurance Crime Bureau providing training and networking opportunities.
- Maidstone Claim Services – SIU Manager, Kevin O’Connor, represents Maidstone Insurance on the Board of Directors for the New York Alliance Against Insurance Fraud (NYAAIF) and on the Board of Directors for the New York Anti Car Theft & Fraud Association (NYACT).
Statistics were provided by The Coalition Against Insurance Fraud:
- The Coalition Against Insurance Fraud estimates that insurance fraud costs each family $950 every year.
- More than one third of people hurt in auto accidents exaggerate their injuries which adds up to $13-$18 billion of Americas annual insurance bill.
- Auto insurers in New York pay out nearly twice as much in PIP claims as they collect in premiums.
- The average PIP claim is $7,950 in New York State 47 percent higher than the national average.